To start the layout of the Excel CV drip line from DIG, The Drip Store has assembled the perfect drip zone that includes a 3/4" heavy duty disc filter with 150 mesh, a 30-PSI 3/4" FNPT heavy duty low - medium flow pressure regulator and a 17 mm barbed connector with 3/4" MNPT, providing you with a simple assembly to start your drip system.
See Added Parts to expand your system by purchasing additional pieces separately.
Properly designed drip irrigation systems begin with what is called the drip zone or the drip zone assembly, which consists of two vital components for below grade irrigation: the filter to protect the drip emitters, and a pressure regulator to lower the pressure to the suggested operating pressure for a PC drip line. This assembly can be attached to any AC or DC inline valve inside an irrigation box. If using this option to start a system, begin the installation from the valve box using any brand name 3/4" valve.
When installing a drip system, the first component needed is the filter, which you attach to the valve. Next, attach the pressure regulator and last, connect the adapter to the drip line.
Starting the irrigation system from a PVC pipe:
1. Glue to a 3/4" PVC pipe a PVC male adapter (model P367) (not included).
2. Thread a 3/4" 24-VAC, or DC valve to the male adapter using Teflon tape.
3. Connect the 3/4" MNPT drip zone assembly to the valve. Repeat the process using a Teflon tape at the other end and make sure to remove all the excess of the Teflon tape.
4. If using an AC valve, connect the wire from the valve to the controller using 18-gage wire with a waterproof connection.
5. Connect the drip line into the 17 mm barb by forcing the drip line over the barb.
6. Lay out the drip line and use our brown stakes model S045 to hold the drip line to the ground.
7. Turn the water on and flush the drip zone and the drip line.
8. Close the end of the drip line with hose end.
9. Pressurize the system and make sure that water is not leaking from the unit or any part along the drip line. Test the assembly manually and then automatically via the controller, and then program the controller.
10. At this time if below grade installation you can cover the drip line.
· Make sure that the water flow direction matches for each component, if any is in line with the water flow.
· Use Teflon Tape only with the filter and make sure to remove all Teflon tape excess..
Note: See product specifications under individual product lines.
|Kit Qty||Part #||Image||Description|
|1||A173||3/4" FNPT Heavy Duty Low-Medium Flow Pressure Regulator, 30 PSI|
|1||F173||3/4" "Y" Disc Filter with Flush Cap, 150 mesh, disc, black|
|1||LF311||3/4" (17 mm) .550 to .600 ID Barbed Connector with 3/4" MNPT|
|KIT VA027 contains a total of 3 pcs. for $30.99|