The LEIT-2 is a wireless, solar powered irrigation control system that combines remote control handset and 2 stations ambient (solar) powered controller. The LEIT RC2 remote control handset is an advanced wireless device that is used to communicate with up to 99 LEIT-2 controllers, or 198 valves from a distance of up to 300’ line of sight. The LEIT RC2 handset has a sophisticated and intuitive icon-based software used to review and program the LEIT-2 controllers. All controller functions are controlled and reviewed by the RC2 remote handset. After installation, no further visits to the controller are required.
Features like no others and used for residential and commercial applications the LEIT-2 is an ambient (solar) powered, two-station wireless irrigation controller with rain sensor connection. The LEIT-2 system is comprised of the LEIT-2 controller,the LEIT RC2 remote control handset, DC valves and one mounting conflagration. The LEIT-2 can operate up to two valves and a rain sensor using a highly efficient photovoltaic module fueled by ambient light. After installation, no further visits to the controller are required under normal conditions. The controller is programmed using the LEIT RC-2 remote control handset from a distance of up to 300‘ line of sight.
· Exclusive photovoltaic module powers the LEIT-2 controller
· A sleek, full-featured handset can operates up to 99 controller
· Outstanding a round the clock features
· International appeal using multilingual software
· Distinguished menu base programming with user-friendly icons
· Operates up to 2 305DC-xxx valves
· Mounting configuration for any applications
Installing the LEIT-2 system required the following components:
Installed in any location with no AC power or battery needed
1. LEIT-2: 2 station ambient (solar) powered wireless controller with two yellow wires for rain sensor connection and four wires, with each two wires, red and white used for connection to each valve. Suggestion: We recommend that the user should reset the controller using the 2 yellow wires and a 9 volt battery before installation due to the fact that this type of controller has no backup batteries.
2. LEIT RC2: Remote control handset is used to communicate with up to 99 LEIT-2 controllers Suggestion: when connecting to the LEIT-2 controller for the first time and assigning a controller ID , assign any number from 2 to 99
3. Up to 2 DIG series ¾”, 305DC.075, 1” 305DC.100, 1-1/2” 305DC.150 and 2” 305DC.200 plastic in-line globe valves with latching solenoids are designed to operate with our LEIT-2 solar powered controller (see our valves section under DC valves). Suggestion: Connect the solenoids red and white wires to the controller station # red and white wires using water proof splice connectors
4. Mounting the LEIT-2 controller required one of the mounting configuration provided:
a. Valve box dome mounting model 30-830 allows mounting the LEIT-2 controller into any valve box. The mounting dome included a simple instruction of how to install it to the box
b. Valve clip mounting attachment with 4 screws model 30-831 allows to clip the controller and to mount it to one of the valve solenoid. This installation is suggested when the valves are above ground.
THE LEIT-2 POWERED BY PHOTOVOLTAIC MODULE
No more AC power needed or battery to replace, the photovoltaic module in the LEIT-2 harness light energy to generate electricity that is stored and used to power the controller day and night in any kind of weather. Light illumination is measured in terms of lux (lx) or foot-candles (fc). A lux is equal to the total intensity of light that falls on a 3.5 square feet (one square meter) surface that is one foot away from the point source of light. In normal day with direct sunlight an average of 100,000 lux can be measured. The exclusive LEIT-2 controller requires only an average of 3000 lux for normal operation
HOW MUCH LIGHT IS NEEDED?
The LEIT-2 controller are unique to all other water irrigation control systems because of their ability to harness ambient light to generate electricity. The electricity is stored in a long life non-battery based Super capacitors and used to power the controller. This feature allows the LEIT-2 system to operate day and night in any area, in any weather conditions, 7 days a week, and 24 hours a day.
THE LEIT-2 IS AN ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS GREEN CONTROLLER
DIG Corporation designed a product with the environment in mind, a product that can use less energy and disposed of easily without adverse effects on the environment. The electronic assembly and components are certified lead free and the controller does not use a battery to store power, as a result, various toxic pollutions from leads are prevented. Above and beyond, the controller mounted directly or close to the valve saving or eliminating the needs for long copper wires. The controller also use technologies that utilizing ambient light as a source of energy to power the controller, providing a foreword-looking technological and a green controller