The light green SPOT-SPITTER spray stick with flow rate of 4.8 to 6.3 GPH from from the John Deere Water Product line is one of the most cost-effective, versatile solutions for your nursery watering application. Low cost and ease of installation have made this product line a favorite among nurseries and growers worldwide. With a wide range of flow rates and wetting patterns, and using specially sized 1/8” micro tubing, the right spray stick to fit your nursery application is easy to choose. Spray sticks come color-coded with 90, 160, and 360-degree spray patterns, and the Drip Store includes all the components needed for installation.
The SPOT-SPITTER spray stick controls water flow at the emitter stick, where it matters most. Other mini-sprayer sticks may require tedious, labor-intensive modifications of tubing and lengths to develop the flow characteristics desired. You can install the SPOT-SPITTER in seconds, selecting the proper flow rate and pattern and using the correct 1/8” micro tubing with the specified ID. Unlike other mini-sprayer sticks which tend to deform or break at the spray tip, the SPOT-SPITTER is made from premium UV-resistant resins, which resist tip damage and provide years of trouble-free operation in both indoor and outdoor applications.
Pot or box size suggestions:
• 90 Degree Spray Stick, Flow Rate 2.4 -3.6 GPH Color Gray: for pots or boxes 6” to 8” in diameter
• 90 Degree Spray Stick, Flow Rate 6.2 -9.1 GPH Color Brown: for pots or boxes 6” to 10” in diameter
• 160 Degree Spray Stick, Flow Rate 3.6-4.8 GPH Color Orange: for pots or boxes 6” to 8” in diameter
• 160 Degree Spray Stick, Flow Rate 4.8-6.3 GPH Color Lt Green: for pots or boxes 6” to 10” in diameter
• 160 Degree Spray Stick, Flow Rate 9.6-13.2 GPH Color Green: for pots or boxes 8” to 10” in diameter
• 160 Degree Spray Stick, Flow Rate 10.2-17.4 GPH Color Black: for pots or boxes 24” to 36” in diameter
• 360 Degree Spray Stick, Flow Rate 9.0-12.6 GPH Color Blue: for pots or boxes 36” to 48” in diameter
Note: the flow rate is achieved at a pressure rating of 15 to 25 PSI and using the 1/8” micro tubing with 0.125 ID x .0.187 OD.
To install the SPOT-SPITTER use the suggested micro tubing with the correct ID and OD. To replace the spray stick, just pull it out of the micro tubing, and replace with a new head of the same color. Make sure to flush the line before inserting the new spray stick. No tool or glue is required.
To install the SPOT-SPITTER into the drip tubing lateral, first select the flow rate and the spray stick degree of coverage, then insert the spray stick into the 1/8” micro tubing. Next, punch a hole into the side of the drip tubing using a 4 mm punch, and then insert the micro tubing into the drip tubing. No barb connector or other parts are needed.