Use this kit to water up to 40 containers, or expand to 150 or more containers using additional emitters and drip tubing.
See Added Parts to expand your system by purchasing additional pieces separately.
The Large Container Kit includes all the parts you need to connect to a hose or faucet, including backflow device, a filter, a 25 PSI pressure regulator, and 50 ft. of high quality drip tubing.
The Drip Store Container Kit has all the parts needed to start the system connecting to a faucet. The Drip Store also includes instructions on how to start the system from a PVC pipe or a pipe thread.
Starting the irrigation system from a faucet:
1. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device to the controller or to the faucet if not used with a controller (model A015).
2. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter (model F300) to the backflow device if used, or directly to the controller male outlet or faucet.
3. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT pressure regulator (model A013) to the filter.
Optional: Starting the irrigation system from a PVC pipe:
4. Glue to a 3/4" PVC pipe stub/spigot a PVC adapter (model P357 -- not included).
5. Use the 3/4" MHT x MPT nipple (model A010) to connect to the ¾” FNPT fitting, making sure to use 3-5 rounds of Teflon tape -- on the pipe thread side only.
6. If used, connect the 3/4" FHT X MHT battery-operated controller (model C001 -- not included) to the nipple.
7. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device (model A015) to any controller, or directly to hose or faucet.
8. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter (model F300) to the backflow device
9. Connect the 3/4" 25 PSI FHT x MHT pressure regulator (model A013) to the filter.
Steps to connect all other components:
10. To the 3/4" FHT x MHT pressure regulator connect the 3/4" FHT swivel adapter (model LF503).
11. To the adapter insert the poly tubing (T004) and lay out the drip tubing to the garden area.
12. Use the 1/2" elbow (model LF007) as needed.
13. Use 1/2" coupling .700 O.D. (model LF001) to connect additional 1/2" drip tubing, or for repair.
14. Used the 1/2" tee (model LF005) to split different branch lines from the 1/2" drip tubing, if needed.
15. Turn the water on and flush the line, and then close the end(s) of the 1/2"drip tubing using figure “8” hose end model A006by inserting the drip tubing into the figure “8” in one direction, kinking and then pushing the end through the opposite hole.
16. Create individual container supply assemblies by affixing barbed connector SF001 to a short length of ¼” polytubing.
17. To the end of the 1/4" micro tubing add 1 GPH dripper (model D076) and hold in the pot with a V-stake (S003), then place a hole in the drip tubing and insert the assembly into the drip tubing.
18. For containers larger than 8" and up to 24" in diameter, install a 1/4" tee to the end of the ¼” microtubing (model SF003 – not included), then install two emitters in the container.
How much time to water: Turn the water on for 2 - 5 minutes and note the time it takes for the pots to begin to drain to their overflow trays. The goal is for all the pots and baskets -- regardless of size -- to drain at the same time. Program the irrigation controller for about 1 - 3 minutes less than the time it took the pots and baskets to start draining.
Run the system for two to three days a week, depending on your location and the soil type. After a week or two, check the pots and the health of the plants, and adjust the irrigation time and/or number of emitters as needed.
|Kit Qty||Part #||Image||Description|
|1||A013||3/4" FHT Basic Pressure Regulator, 25 PSI|
|1||A019||Palm Hole Punch|
|40||D076||1 GPH PC Drip Emitter, Color Black, DIG|
|1||A015||Backflow Preventer 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT|
|1||F300||3/4" "Y" Style Filter with Hose Threads, 155 mesh, polyester screen, green|
|1||A010||3/4” MPT x 3/4” MHT Nipple|
|1||LF503||3/4” FHT x .700 O.D. Swivel Adapter with Washer|
|1||LF001||1/2" .700 OD Compression Coupling|
|1||LF005||1/2" .700 OD Compression Tee|
|40||SF001||1/4" Barbed Connector, Long|
|3||LF007||1/2" .700 OD Compression Elbow|
|1||SF007||Goof Plugs, Strip of 10|
|1||T004||DIG Corporation Drip Tubing, 50’, 1/2" coil with .700 OD|
|40||S003||6” Supporting “V” Stake 1/8” or 1/4" Micro Tubing|
|1||T040||100’, 1/4" (170 ID x .250 OD) Black Poly Micro Tubing|
|2||A006||Figure “8” Hose End for 1/2” Drip Tubing|
|KIT K056 contains a total of 136 pcs. for $49.58|