The Vortex Jet Sprayer kit can cover 50 to 100 square feet of planted area and may be expanded (using additional drip tubing) to cover more than 300 square feet.
See Added Parts to expand your system by purchasing additional pieces separately.
The Drip Store Vortex Jet Sprayer Kit is ideal for flowerbeds or raised bed vegetable gardens. The small Vortex Jet Sprayer kit can cover 50 to 100 square feet of planted area and may be expanded (using additional drip tubing) to cover more than 300 square feet. The K040 kit has everything you need for a hose or spigot connection, including ¾” backflow device, a filter, a 25 PSI pressure regulator, and 50 feet of high quality ½” .700 OD drip tubing. The 10 gallon-per-hour (GPH) vortex jet sprayers have no moving parts, and are pre-assembled with 24” of micro-tubing, connector barb, and 13”stake for added flexibility. Also included in this kit are 90 degree and 180 degree spray head deflectors that can be snapped into the spray jet to provide 90 and 180 degree spray patterns.
The Vortex Sprayer kit has all the parts needed to start the system connecting to a faucet. The Drip Store also includes instructions on how to start the system from a PVC pipe or a pipe thread.
Starting the irrigation system from a faucet:
1. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device to the controller or to the faucet if not used with a controller (model A015).
2. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter (model F300) to the backflow device if used, or directly to the controller male outlet or faucet.
3. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT pressure regulator (model A013) to the filter.
Optional: Starting the irrigation system from a PVC pipe:
4. Glue to a 3/4" PVC pipe stub/spigot a PVC adapter (model P357 -- not included).
5. Use the 3/4" MHT x MPT nipple (model A010) to connect to the ¾” FNPT fitting, making sure to use 3-5 rounds of Teflon tape -- on the pipe thread side only.
6. If used, connect the 3/4" FHT X MHT battery-operated controller (model C001 -- not included) to the nipple.
7. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device (model A015) to any controller, or directly to hose or faucet.
8. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter (model F300) to the backflow device
9. Connect the 3/4" 25 PSI FHT x MHT pressure regulator (model A013) to the filter.
Steps to connect all other components:
10. To the 3/4" FHT x MHT pressure regulator connect the 3/4" FHT swivel adapter (model LF503).
11. To the adapter insert the poly tubing (T060) and lay out the drip tubing to the garden area.
12. Use the 1/2" elbow (model LF007) as needed.
13. Use 1/2" coupling model LF001 to connect additional 1/2" drip tubing, or for repair.
14. Used the 1/2" tee (model LF005) to split different branch lines from the 1/2" drip tubing, if needed.
15. Turn the water on and flush the line, and then close the end(s) of the 1/2"drip tubing using figure “8” hose end, model A006,by inserting the drip tubing into the figure “8” in one direction, kinking, and then pushing the end through the opposite hole.
16. Place sprinklers using overlapping configuration (see diagram) for complete coverage of rectangular areas.
17. Punch a hole into the drip tubing and insert each Jet Sprayer assembly’s barbed connector to the drip tubing.
18. Install the 360-degree jet sprayer assemblies (model MSA006) every 4-6 ft., as needed, and use the 90 or 180 degree pattern deflectors (models DF090 and DF180) as per recommendations.
The jet sprayers have the same small droplets and low flow application rates as micro sprinklers. Micro spray and jet spray irrigation can prevent plant stress by maintaining low water tension in the soil using a low flow application rate. Use the micro sprayers or jet sprayers to water groundcover, flowerbeds, or areas where drippers are not practical, such as hillsides, or when low volume, overhead irrigation is desired.
How much time to water: Turn the water on for 30 minutes to 1 hour every two days, depending on your location and the soil type. After a week, check the soil and the health of the plants, and adjust the irrigation time as needed.
|Kit Qty||Part #||Image||Description|
|1||A010||3/4” MPT x 3/4” MHT Nipple|
|1||A013||3/4" FHT Basic Pressure Regulator, 25 PSI|
|1||A015||Backflow Preventer 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT|
|1||A019||Palm Hole Punch|
|1||T004||DIG Corporation Drip Tubing, 50’, 1/2" coil with .700 OD|
|1||LF503||3/4” FHT x .700 O.D. Swivel Adapter with Washer|
|1||F300||3/4" "Y" Style Filter with Hose Threads, 155 mesh, polyester screen, green|
|5||LF007||1/2" .700 OD Compression Elbow|
|2||DF180||180° Deflector for MS006 & MSA006, Color Orange|
|6||MSA006||360° 12-Jet Assembly|
|4||DF090||90° Deflector for MS006 & MSA006 Color Green|
|1||A006||Figure “8” Hose End for 1/2” Drip Tubing|
|5||S006||5” Hold Down Stake for 1/2” Drip Tubing|
|KIT K042 contains a total of 30 pcs. for $40.08|