Store’s model VA004-0, 2 zone valve manifold assembled with 1" electric control valves (24 VAC) without flow control from DIG Corporation is comprised of 2, 1" 24 VAC inline valves assembled together. The 2 zone valve manifold can be used as a building block for a two zones irrigation system that can operate with any AC controller, and as a part of any type of irrigation system layout. The valve manifold configuration includes a 1” swivel female thread with O-ring on the inlet side, 1" cap, 1” nipples connected into each of the 1” swivel manifolds, a 1” inline valve with FNPT connected into each nipple and a1" swivel female thread on the outlet side of each valve assembled together. The valve manifold can be expanded to any number of valves required for an irrigation system within the space inside the valve box.
The 1” valve manifold features include 24 VAC high flow electric control valves with manual bleed used for on/off, a swivel fitting with a large swivel cap for quick connection, allowing the user to maintain, repair and add additional valves with no tools and Teflon tape or glue.
This line of valve manifolds can be used to start an irrigation zone with valve spacing that allows the valve manifolds to fit in a small valve box and provides the user with quick connection and disassembly capability.
Example: A valve manifold starting from a 1” PVC pipe:
1. Glue to the PVC pipe a PVC adapter with 1” MPT
2. Connect a swivel manifold with 1, 2, 3 or 4 outlets depending on the number of valves in the manifold.
3. To the outlet side of the valve with the swivel connect a PVC male adapter
4. Glue the PVC pipe to the male adapter
5. Turn the water on and flush the line
6. Close the end of the manifold using the end cap (model SWF006, sold separately)
7. Pressurize the system and make sure that water is not leaking from the unit or any part along the line. Test the assembly manually and then automatically via the controller, and then program the controller.
Note: Make sure that the water flow direction matches for each component, if any is in line with the water flow. Use Teflon Tape only with the PVC male adapter and make sure to remove all Teflon tape excess.