Start a drip irrigation system layout with 1/4" micro tubing by connecting the automated drip zone kit to the faucet. This kit has a 3/4" electronic hose end timer, backflow device, "T" filter, 25 PSI preset pressure regulator, and 3/4" FHT adapter for 1/4" micro tubing with .250 OD. Use this automated drip zone kit for any landscape area in residential applications.
See Added Parts to expand your system by purchasing additional pieces separately.
Properly designed drip irrigation systems begin with what is called the drip zone or the drip zone assembly, which consists of three vital components: a back-flow device to prevent contamination from back-siphoning into the water supply, la filter to protect the drip emitters and a pressure regulator to lower the pressure to the suggested operating pressure for a drip system. This kit also contains an electronic hose end timer.
This assembly can be attached to a faucet, the most common method used for drip irrigation installation in home gardening. If using this option to start a system, begin the installation from an outdoor faucet (spigot). Connect the electronic hose timer (optional) to the faucet first, before the back-flow device, to provide a better balance to the kit assembly if using the hose end timer.
If the hose end is not used, then the first component is the back-flow device, which you attach to the faucet. (If your faucet already has a brass back-flow device as part of the faucet, an additional back-flow device is not required). Next, attach the filter, and then the pressure regulator.
Next, select which type of fitting to use to continue the drip zone installation. With installation from a faucet, the 3/4" swivel hose thread, sealed by a washer, is used it to connect the micro tubing to the drip zone assembly. This 3/4" adapter should be threaded to the pressure regulator, clockwise and "hand tight" only. Tightening with a wrench is not recommended and is usually not necessary using hose thread fittings. This completes the drip zone assembly.
Starting the irrigation system from a faucet:
1. First connect the electronic hose end timer to the faucet, if a backflow device is used, connect the backflow device after the hose end timer.
2. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device to the hose end timer or directly to the faucet if not using with a hose end timer.
3. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter to the backflow device or directly to the controller male outlet or faucet if the backflow device is not used.
4. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT 25 PSI pressure regulator to the filter.
5. Connect the 3/4" FHT x 1/4" compression adapter to the 3/4" FHT x MHT 25 PSI pressure regulator.
6. To start the drip system, connect the micro tubing to the adapter by wiggling and forcing the micro tubing into the compression side of the adapter, and then lay out the micro tubing to the pots or boxes in the garden area.
7. The 1/4" micro tubing serves as a feeder line or as a main line in a small system to deliver the water to the pots, boxes or patio area, into which the drip emitters, spray jets or foggers are connected.
· Make sure that the water flow direction in each component is in line with the water flow of the system.
· Pressurize the system and make sure that water is not leaking from the unit or any part along the line. Test the assembly manually and then, automatically via the controller and then program the controller.
Note: See product specifications under individual product lines.
|Kit Qty||Part #||Image||Description|
|1||A001||3/4" Female Hose Thread (FHT) Adapter with Screen x 1/4" Compression|
|1||A013||3/4" FHT Basic Pressure Regulator, 25 PSI|
|1||A015||Backflow Preventer 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT|
|1||C002||DIG Corporation Digital Battery operated timer, 3/4" FHT x MHT|
|1||F001||3/4" FHT x MHT "T" Filter , 150 mesh, stainless steel screen, green|
|KIT VA021 contains a total of 5 pcs. for $54.00|