Drip Zone Assembly Installation
The Drip Zone use our battery operated hose end timer model C002 from DIG (model B09D)
Downloadable C002 (B09D) Instruction Manual (pdf)
This Digital Battery Operated Hose End Timer requires one 9-volt battery (alkaline battery recommended).
- To install the battery, use firm pressure to lift the battery compartment cover in the back of the unit.
- Insert a new 9-volt battery. The polarity is marked for direction.
- Replace battery compartment cover in its proper place, ensuring a triangle is formed on the underside of the timer.
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
The model C002 Digital Battery Operated Hose End Timer in this drip zone uses six buttons to program. The left button is used to stop manual run or scheduled watering, the button on the right is used to stop watering, and the four buttons in the center are used to program the unit.
Drip Zone for Drip Irrigation
Drip irrigation requires clean water and proper operating pressure. The cause of most drip irrigation system failures is either high pressure or clogged drip emitters; therefore a screen filter and a pressure regulator are the most important components in the micro irrigation system.
This drip zone made of a 3/4 inch battery powered hose end timer, ¾ inch backflow device, ¾ inch 155 mesh screen filter, ¾ inch 25 PSI preset pressure regulator and a ¾ inch adapter with .700 OD compression to connect a drip zone to a ½ inch (.700 OD) drip tubing.
The backflow device acts as a one-way valve, allows water to move in one direction only and prevents back siphoning of non-potable or contaminated water into the water line.
The screen filterr is a simple and economical method to protect a drip irrigation system. Periodically the filter screen needs to be cleaned by opening the filter cover, removing the screen, and rinsing the screen under water.
The 25 PSI preset pressure regulator is used to reduce and regulate the incoming household water pressure entering a drip irrigation or micro sprinkler system to the appropriate operating pressure range of 25 PSI, which is within the range of recommended operating pressures for a micro irrigation system.
The 3/4" FHT adapter with .700 OD compression connection is to connect a 1/2 inch drip tubing with .700 OD to any hose thread fitting with 3/4” male hose threads.
Connecting to a Faucet
- 1. First connect the battery powered electronic hose end timer to the faucet, if a backflow device is used, connect the backflow device after the hose end timer.
- 2. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device to the hose end timer or directly to the faucet if not using with a hose end timer.
- 3. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT filter to the backflow device or directly to the controller male outlet or faucet if the backflow device and timer are not used. Do not use Teflon tape on any of the connections.
- 4. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT 25 PSI pressure regulator to the filter.
- 5. Connect the 3/4" FHT x .700 OD compression adapters to the pressure regulator.
- 6. To start the drip system, connect the 1/2inch drip tubing with .700 OD to the adapter by wiggling and forcing the drip tubing into the compression side of the adapter.
Note: Make sure that the water flow direction in each component is in line with the water flow of the system.
- 7. Turn the faucet on and test the assembly via the timer manual button. Check that the system is working and that there are no leaks, and then program the timer.