Drip Zone Assembly Installation
The Drip Zone use our battery operated controller model C002 from DIG (model B09D)
Downloadable C002 (B09D) Instruction Manual (pdf)
This Digital Battery Operated Hose End Timer requires one 9-volt battery (alkaline battery recommended).
- To install the battery, use firm pressure to lift the battery compartment cover in the back of the unit.
- Insert a new 9-volt battery. The polarity is marked for direction.
- Replace battery compartment cover in its proper place, ensuring a triangle is formed on the underside of the timer.
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
The model C002 Digital Battery Operated Hose End Timer in this drip zone uses six buttons to program. The left button is used to stop manual run or scheduled watering, the button on the right is used to stop watering, and the four buttons in the center are used to program the unit.
About drip irrigation and the Drip Zone
Drip irrigation requires clean water and proper operating pressure. The cause of most drip irrigation system failures is either high pressure or clogged drip emitters; therefore a screen filter and a pressure regulator are the most important components in the micro irrigation system.
This drip zone kit provides the user with a complete kit that includes FHT, 3/4 inch battery powered hose end timer, ¾ inch backflow device, ¾ inch 155 mesh screen filter, ¾ inch 25 PSI preset pressure regulator and a ¾ inch adapter with .250 OD to connect a drip zone to a ¼ inch micro tubing installation .
The backflow device acts as a one-way valve, allowing water to move in one direction only and prevents back siphoning of non-potable or contaminated water into the water lines.
The screen T filterr is a simple and economical method for protecting a drip irrigation system. Periodically the filter screen needs to be cleaned by opening the filter cover, removing the screen, and rinsing the screen under water.
The 25 PSI preset pressure regulator is used to reduce and regulate the incoming pressure of the household water entering a drip irrigation or micro sprinkler system to the appropriate operating pressure range of 25 PSI, which is within the range of recommended operating pressures for a micro irrigation system.
The 3/4" FHT adapter with .250 OD compression connection is used for the connection of a ¼ inch micro tubing to any hose thread fitting with 3/4” male hose threads.
Connecting to a Faucet
- 1. First connect the battery powered electronic hose end timer to the faucet, if a backflow device is used, connect the backflow device after the hose end timer.
- 2. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT backflow device to the hose end timer or directly to the faucet if not using with a hose end timer.
- 3. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT “T” filter to the backflow device or directly to the controller male outlet or faucet if the backflow device is not used. Do not use Teflon tape in any of the connections.
- 4. Connect the 3/4" FHT x MHT 25 PSI pressure regulator to the filter.
- 5. Connect the 3/4" FHT x .250 OD compression adapters to the pressure regulator.
- 6. To start the drip system, connect the ¼ inch micro tubing to the adapter by wiggling and forcing the ¼ inch micro tubing into the compression side of the adapter, and then lay out the micro drip tubing
Note: Make sure that the water flow direction in each component is in line with the water flow of the system.
- 7. Turn the faucet on and test the assembly via the timer manual button. Check that the system is working and that there are no leaks.