The 1 inch plastic anti-siphon valve with 24-VAC solenoid model C070 operate with any 24 VAC irrigation controllers. Made of PVC and reinforced nylon and the valve is designed for reliability in a variety of applications. Features include flow control handles for flow adjustment and manual shutoff, internal manual opening via the solenoid or external bleed via the bleed screw for smooth valve opening and closing. Install the anti-siphon valve 6-8 inch above ground or above the highest sprinkler head. An anti-siphon valve, frequently required on outdoor irrigation systems, is a directional valve that allows water to flow in only one direction and prevents irrigation water from back- siphoning to the drinking water supply line, preventing contaminated of the water supply. It is open to the atmosphere when there is reduced or no pressure in the line. The anti-siphon valve has a 1 inch inlet and outlet with female pipe thread so it can be installed directly onto 1 inch PVC male pipe thread as part of a drip irrigation or sprinkler system valve manifold or as a stand-alone unit.
• Body Styles: Anti-siphon with flow control and external manual bleed
• Operating pressure: 20 to 125 PSI
• Valve size: 1 inch FNPT inlet and outlet
• Meet the listed compliance: I.A.P.M.O, UPC and ANSI
• Flow rate: .25 to 25 GPM
• Solenoid: 24 VAC 50/60 Hz
• Coil resistance @: 68° F 37.5 ohms
• Holding current: 0.14 Amp @ 50 Hz
• Inrush current: 0.29 Amp @ 50Hz
• Power consumption: 1.7/2.2 watts @ 50Hz
• Temperature range: Up to 130 F
• Constructed of UV resistant, PVC body and glass reinforced nylon bonnet with a stainless steel spring
• Anti-siphon valve combines a remote control valve and backflow preventer in one unit
• Electric or manual operation
• Flow control handle for water flow adjustment and manual shutoff
• High flow with low pressure loss
• High performance solenoid with low electrical power consumption
• External or internal manual bleed allows quick and easy valve opening and closing
• Anti-siphon valve is used to prevent downstream water from reentering the water supply, especially important when automatically applying fertilizer through a filter
• Use with drip or sprinkler systems
• Normally closed
• Meet the listed compliance including I.A.P.M.O, UPC and ANSI listing specifications
• Low sensitivity to dirt and voltage fluctuations
• Replaceable plunger tip
• Rugged, with reinforced and supported self-cleaning diaphragm that provides reliable operation even with dirty water
• Smooth valve opening and closing prevents pressure surge hazards:
Installation into a PVC pipe or to pipe thread
1. If installation is into a PVC pipe, first shut off the main water supply.
2. We recommend installing 1 inch ball valve or gate valve before the AC valve. This ball valve can be very useful as an emergency backup to turn the system off. This type of arrangement is used by professional installers.
3. Turn the water supply on to flush the line and then shut the water supply off using the new ball or gate valve.
4. Install the 24 VAC anti-siphon valve with 6 to 8 inch above ground, wrapping TEFLON tape on all the male pipe thread fittings used.
5. Turn the water supply on again to pressurize the system. The valve will open momentarily and then will shut off
6. Test the valve and turn it on by turning the 24 VAC solenoid counter clock wise one to two turns or by using the screw bleed located on top of the valve
7.Turn the valve off by turning the solenoid few turns clock wise to close or by turning off the screw bleed.
8. Use 16, 18 or 20-gauge direct burial, strand gauge sprinkler wire between the valve location and the controller.
9. Connects each valve to the controller using two wires with the hot wire is color-code and the common wire is white. The common wire (white) is shared with all valves.
10. Connect the common wire to either solenoid wire of all valves using waterproof wire splice connectors.
11. Connect each color code wire to the remaining wire of each valve using waterproof wire splice connections.
Write A Review For 1 Inch Anti-siphon Valve with 24 VAC Solenoid