TThe PEB series inline valves from Rain Bird are among the most durable plastic valves in the irrigation industry. This industrial strength, glass-filled nylon globe irrigation valves are ideal for commercial irrigation applications. These ranges of inline valves with 24 VAC solenoids are available in 1", 1-1/2" and 2". The main features include flow control handle for flow adjustment and manual shutoff, manual lever for opening the valve without external bleed and smooth valve opening and closing.
Body Styles: globe valve
Operating pressure: 10 to 200 PSI
Valve size: 11/2 inch FNPT inlet and outlet with flow control
Available in 3/4, 1, 1-1/2 and 2 inch with FNPT inlet and outlet
Durable glass-filled nylon construction with nylon-reinforced rubber diaphragm for long life and reliable performance
Flow control handle adjusts water flow as needed
Low flow capability for a wide range of applications
Manual external bleed permits flushing debris from the system
Manual internal bleed manually operates the valve without allowing water into the valve box; allows pressure regulator to be adjusted without first turning the valve on at the controller
Normally close, forward flow design
One-piece solenoid design with captured plunger and spring for easy servicing helps to prevent loss of parts during field service
Slow closing to prevent water hammer and subsequent system damage
Stainless steel studs molded into the body allow the bonnet to be attached and removed more easily and more often without damaging threads
Installation into a PVC pipe or to pipe thread
1. If installation is into a PVC pipe, first shut off the main water supply.
2. We recommend installing 11/2 inch ball valve or gate valve before the AC valve. This ball valve can be very useful as an emergency backup to turn the system off. This type of arrangement is used by professional installers.
3. Turn the water supply on to flush the line and then shut the water supply off using the new ball or gate valve.
4. Install the AC valve, wrapping TEFLON tape on all the male pipe thread fittings used.
5. Turn the water supply on again to pressurize the system. The valve will open momentarily and then will shut off
6. Test the valve using the manual lever located in front of the valve. Check that the system is working and that there are no leaks. Then connect the solenoid wires to the controller.
7. Use 16, 18 or 20-gauge direct burial, strand gauge sprinkler wire between the valve location and the controller.
8. Connects each valve to the controller using two wires with the hot wire is color-code and the common wire is white. The common wire (white) is shared with all valves.
9. Connect the common wire to either solenoid wire of all valves using waterproof wire splice connectors.
10. Connect each color code wire to the remaining wire of each valve using waterproof wire splice connections.
Write A Review For Rain Bird 1-1/2 Inch PEB Inline Valve