Our drip tape irrigation kit comes in four sizes: mini, small, medium, and large. These kits are designed specifically for row crop applications, meaning they are best for irrigating straight rows of plants such as those found in raised beds. Drip tape is not meant to bend or curve, but rather lay flat on top of the soil. Any twists or turns will cut off water to the rest of the drip tape. Additionally, stakes are not meant to be used with drip tape as there is a possibility of installing the stakes too deep to the point that it is cutting off water like in the previous example.
Each kit is built within the specs of the ½” poly tube and fittings they include. The mini kit is designed to irrigate five 20-foot-long rows, all fed off a single ½” poly tube mainline. However, the small, medium, and large kits exceed the maximum flow rate capacity of a single line of ½” poly tube. These three kits are designed to irrigate 10, 15, and 20 rows respectively, all at 50 feet per row. Because of this, we have provided enough fittings and ½” poly tube to utilize two separate lines of ½” poly tube, effectively doubling how many rows can be watered using the kit. This is accomplished with a “Y” ball valve which allows you to connect to separate lines of poly tube.
Please keep in mind when installing either system that you should not exceed the 220 gph threshold of a single line of ½” poly tube. The large kit does exceed this threshold even with two head assemblies. To be able to irrigate efficiently and operate the system correctly, we have provided ½” barbed ball valves in each kit which will allow you to isolate a single zone or multiple zones while staying within the 220 gph threshold of ½” poly tube.
- Connection to hose spigot with backflow prevention, screen filter, and pressure regulation.
- Fittings for ½” poly tube are compression style meant to fit on the exterior of the tube. Fittings for 5/8” drip tape are spin loc style.
- Contains non-pressure compensating drip tape.
- Allows the ability to irrigate straight rows of plants. Recommended to space plants evenly.
- Manual poly tube ball valves provided in this kit can be utilized to isolate areas to adjust watering times between zones.
- Recommended to be installed above ground.
- Kit Specifications:
o Operating Pressure (with Pressure Regulator): 15 PSI
o Maximum flow rates:
Mini: 40 gph
Small: 200 gph
Medium: 320 gph
Large: 400 gph
- ½” Polyethylene Tube and ½” Compression Fittings
o Poly Tube Dimensions: .600 ID x .700 OD
o Recommended Pressure Range: 25-30 PSI
o Maximum Lateral Run: 400’
o Maximum Flow Rate for Single Line: 220 gph
- 5/8” Drip Tape, 15 mil, 12” Spacing
o Recommended Pressure Range: 7 to 25 PSI (Kit includes a 15 PSI regulator)
o Flow Rate at 15 PSI: 0.4 gph
o Flow Rate at 10 PSI: 0.35 gph