The S305 series ¾, 1, 11/2 and 2 inch valves with 9 VDC solenoids from DIG are designed for commercial and residential application. These series of glass-filled nylon DC valves are designed for reliability in a variety of demanding applications providing superior hydraulic performance and demonstrating advanced hydraulics and plastics technology. These are designed to operate with our solar powered controllers and the 400/710A series. This inline valve with 9 VDC-solenoid has two color-coded wires that are used to connect to the corresponding wires stations on any two, four or six stations battery operated controllers and the LEIT-2ET solar powered controller station using waterproof connectors. The valves main features include flow control handle for flow adjustment and manual shutoff, manual bleed via the solenoid for opening the valve without external bleed and smooth valve opening and closing.
Body Styles: globe valve
Operating pressure: 10 to 150 PSI
Valve sizes: 3/4", 1", 1-1/2" and 2" FPT inlet and outlet with flow control
Flow rate 3/4": .1 to 28 GPM
Head loss range 3/4": up to 5.8 PSI at 28 GPM
Flow rate 1": .2 to 35 GPM
Head loss range 1": up to 8.5 PSI at 35 GPM
Flow rate 1-1/2": 15 to 132 GPM
Head loss range 1-1/2": up to 8.5 PSI at 132 GPM
Flow rate 2": 30 to 154 GPM
Head loss range 2": up to 9.1 PSI at 154 GPM
Solenoid: Two-way 9 VDC magnetic latching solenoid
Coil Resistance: 4.7Ω +/- 0.3
Pulse Width: minimum 10 mSec
Red + and white – latch to open
Red + and white – latch to open
Lead wires: 18 inch UL-1015, AWG 16, 300V- red and white wires
Temperature range: Up to 150
3/4" and 1" dimensions: 4.25" L x 4.5" H
1-1/2" and 2" dimensions: 6.125" L x 7.125" H
Available in 3/4, 1, 1-1/2 and 2 inch with FNPT inlet and outlet
Connect with 9 volt, two wires DC irrigation controllers including DIG LEIT-2ET solar powered controllers using waterproof connectors
Smooth valve opening and closing prevents pressure surge hazards
Constructed of glass reinforced nylon with a stainless steel spring
Flow control handle for water flow adjustment and manual shutoff
High flow with low pressure loss
Low flow capability for a wide range of applications using the ¾ and 1 inch valves.
Manual internal bleed via the solenoid to open and close the valve manually without allowing water into the valve box
Rugged, reinforced self-cleaning diaphragm provides reliable operation even with contaminated water
Highly durable, chemical resistant noncorrosive materials
Two way, normally close
solenoid design with captured plunger for easy service and maintenance, helps prevent loss of parts during field service
Installation into a PVC pipe or to pipe thread
1. If installation is into a PVC pipe, first shut off the main water supply.
2. We recommend installing 3/4 inch ball valve or gate valve before the DC valve. This ball valve can be very useful as an emergency backup to turn the system off. This type of arrangement is used by professional installers.
3. Turn the water supply on to flush the line and then shut the water supply off using the new ball or gate valve.
4. Install the DC valve, wrapping TEFLON tape on all the male pipe thread fittings used.
5. Turn the water supply on again to pressurize the system. The valve will open momentarily and then will shut off
6. Test the valve via the solenoid by turning the solenoid counter clock wise, one to two rounds to open. Check that the system is working and that there are no leaks. Then turn the valve off by turning the solenoid clock wise to close.
7. Connect each set of the color coded solenoid valve wires to the battery operated or LEIT 2ET designated controller color coded station wire using water proof splice connectors with the white wire from the controller is connected to the white wire on the valve.
8. Turn the water on and pressure test the system to identify if any leaks.
9. Test the valve via the controller manual program.
10. Program the battery operated controller. .
Write A Review For 3/4" DC Solenoid Inline Valve (9-Volt-DC)